The Multidisciplinary and Multi Utility Energy Consultancy
Innovative and Tailored Energy Saving Solutions
Working with Catalyst provides you with industry energy consultants and professional engineers that work to reduce consumption and energy spend through identifying waste in industry, researching associated government incentives and helping to develop a strategy to manage current and future consumption requirements.
In addition to energy saving solutions we review waste streams for converting into energy generation, supplementary power sources and demand side response solutions all aimed at generating revenue opportunities on top of traditional energy saving schemes.
We also review the market for emerging innovative technologies that can provide additional benefits to our clients.
Funding Solutions Overview
Our recommendations are largely self-financing through a guaranteed energy saving approach. This is achieved by reviewing your current monthly energy spends, and agreeing the percentage of savings needed to prove viability on any given project or a blend of projects.
The financing can be structured such, that any capital costs are offset against reductions in utility bills, whilst still returning a monthly saving back to the business, after which you reap the full financial benefit.
In addition to this there are quite a few investor ready support provisions in the energy efficiency industry, as investors see the implementation of energy solutions as a secure investment opportunity. Since making the initial investment can be a barrier for some, we can help by offering great financial packages on and off balance sheet.
This means you can put in place energy efficiency measures without any upfront capital investment.
Technologies and Solutions we Cover
- Retrospective Over Spend Recovery
- Market Intelligence and Reporting
- Fixed, Pass Through and Flexible Risk Managed Procurement
- New Connections, Smart Meters, AMR
- Data Collection and MOP Contracts
- Invoice Validation & Bureau Service
- Energy and Water Audits and Surveys
- Compliance and Regulation
- Generation: Wind, Solar and Thermal PV, Hydro, Anaerobic Digestion, Heat Recovery, Biomass, Energy on Tap, CHP
- Lighting and Controls
- Building Management Systems
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Con (HVAC)
- Electrical Systems
- Pumps and Drives
- Voltage Optimisation and Power Factor
- De-stratification Fans
- Compressed Air
- RHI and FiT Applications
- Energy Management (O&M)
- Building Envelope
- Thermal Imaging
- Demand Side Response
- Battery Storage
- Funding Options and Support
We span all aspects of energy efficiency, from consultancy and project management through to delivery at a local level via our national network of accredited assessors and installers.
Our proven expertise in retrofitting properties with renewable technologies and energy efficiency measures allows a business to finally take control of energy cost, reduce carbon and have a lasting impact on the environment and energy sustainability.
- Catalyst has audited around 350 businesses across all sectors, ranging in energy spend from £10k to £25M annually.
- Our results show that most businesses can reduce their energy bills by 10% through better energy management, or by 25% with carefully chosen energy efficient equipment upgrades.
- We help you understand what your energy efficiency opportunities are, and show you how to take advantage of any government funding, renewable incentives or investment.
Overview of Our Survey
- Analysis of existing energy use and technologies
- Short, medium and long term plans and strategies for development and growth
- Analysis of any previous environmental or sustainability proposals and studies
- A description of the existing conditions
- A description of the proposed recommendations
- An overview of suitable renewable technologies
- Expected annual savings associated with our recommendations
- Expected annual carbon savings
- Simple payback and/or other financial measures, such as return on investment or life cycle savings
- Examination of energy bills
- Corrective advice about bad usage habits
- Identification of high-energy areas/activities/equipment
- Written report with prioritised action and investment plan
Our position as an independent consultant allows us to use the best of breed suppliers, contractors and renewable technologies available on the market today to deliver a full-scale energy efficiency to any business.
We have an impressive network of partnerships and joint ventures with leading independent energy efficiency companies and it is this impartiality that gives us unrivalled access to technologies and funding streams, enabling us to secure finance to support energy saving initiatives for the business and public sector.
We span all aspects of energy efficiency, from consultancy and project management through to delivery at a local level via our national network of accredited assessors and installers. Our proven expertise in retrofitting properties with renewable technologies and energy efficiency measures allows a business to finally take control of energy cost, reduce carbon and have a lasting impact on the environment and energy sustainability.