BDM – (Public Sector)
Business Development Manager – Public Sector
- Salary: £25k – £32k DOE
- Uncapped Commission
- OTE £50k
- Location: Birmingham Office
- Business Hours – Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm
An exciting new role has recently become available through the growth of our Energy Consulting business. We are looking for a BDM with experience of working on fixed and flexible energy contracts and selling energy procurement services into the public sector. You will have a solid understanding of Government Procurement Services and in particular knowledge of the OJEU Procurement Process with schools and academies.
We offer a range of services including Energy Procurement, Energy Management. Renewables, Legislation, Carbon Reduction and Water for large B2B.
We are looking for motivated, driven and ambitious Energy Consultants to focus their attention on expanding our portfolio of clients in the public sector. We are seeking exceptional individuals who enjoy working in a team environment, learning best practices from each other, and pushing each other to be the best at what they do.
Our Consultants are encouraged to see the role as if it was their own business, and innovative ways to capture and retain business are welcomed. You will have access to the largest supplier panel in the UK, and a bespoke CRM system that will create an easy workflow and make your day-to-day activities a breeze.
Through telephonic client interaction and face-to-face client interaction, you will be responsible for building and managing your own prospect pipeline, building the relationships, and developing the sales value of clients.
Apart from self-generating new business, we will also provide extremely high value marketing appointments, and a steady flow of new enquires from our partner relationships or our highly active company website.
All in, there will always be an opportunity for you to reach your targets and succeed!
Responsibilities will include:
- Self-generating new business and managing marketing leads.
- Attending client/supplier meetings.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer records and managing day-to-day administration.
- Prepare Tenders and compare quotes from suppliers reporting results to clients.
- Discussing with the customer the type and length of contract (fixed or flexible) that best suits.
- Review and negotiate suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Administering the contracts: setting budgets, check suppliers’ prices, supporting bill checking and reporting to clients on exposures, savings, cost variances, etc.
- Develop long-standing relationships with a number of large customers.
- Analysing the wholesale gas and electricity markets and developing risk management strategies.
- Obtain credit information, resolve credit concerns and minimise security deposit requests.
- Ensuring all queries are handled and resolved effectively.
- Keeping abreast of industry developments.
- Build a pipeline of future sales opportunities of customer contract renewal dates.
- Production of sales quotes.
- Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent.
- 2+ Years experience of public sector electricity or gas contract negotiation essential and wholesale energy trading desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of Government Procurement Services.
- Knowledge of OJEU Procurement Process with schools and academies.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Excellent influencing, persuading and negotiation skills.
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience in negotiating and evaluating contracts both fixed and flexible.
- Experience of managing multiple accounts and a wide range of queries by telephone and email.
- Proven experience of successfully creating and developing relationships.
- Up selling products or services.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to understand company credit checks and company accounts.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel and competency on Word and Outlook.
- The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets;
- Must be familiar with the expectations and pressures of a sales environment, and relish the opportunity to overcome challenges, and achieve targets.
- Competitive basic salary.
- Uncapped commission scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Dental Cover.
- Optical Cover.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday, increasing by one day to 25 days based on 5 years’ service + Bank Holidays
- We strongly believe that hard work should be rewarded, and for that reason they implement an attractive bonus structure for individuals that outperform their targets.