Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
- Salary: £34k – £40k DOE
- Plus Travel and Expenses
- Uncapped Commission
- OTE £50k
- Company Laptop
- Company Mobile Phone
- Private Healthcare
- Dental Cover
- Optical Cover
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Unlimited Extremely High Value Marketing Appointments
- Location: Birmingham Office
- Business Hours – Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm
Do you have experience of working on flexible energy contracts for large business customers, and would you like to join a market leading Energy consultancy with a drive for continued growth.
We offer a range of services including Energy Procurement, Energy Management. Renewables, Legislation, Carbon Reduction and Water for large B2B.
We are looking for motivated, driven and ambitious Energy Consultants to focus their attention on expanding our portfolio of clients in the I & C Energy Markets.
We are seeking exceptional individuals who enjoy working in a team environment, learning best practices from each other, and pushing each other to be the best at what they do.
Our Consultants are encouraged to see the role as if it was their own business, and innovative ways to capture and retain business are welcomed. You will have access to the largest supplier panel in the UK, and a bespoke CRM system that will create an easy workflow and make your day-to-day activities a breeze.
We will provide as many extremely high value marketing appointments as required and a steady flow of new enquires from our highly active company website.
Through telephonic client interaction and face-to-face client interaction, you will be responsible for building and managing your own prospect pipeline, building the relationships, and developing the sales value of clients.
You will also be expected to self generate new business, and will be rewarded highly for doing so.
All in, there will always be an opportunity for you to reach your targets and succeed!
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending client/supplier meetings.
- Prepare proposals and reports following these meetings.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer records and managing day-to-day administration.
- Prepare Tenders and compare quotes from suppliers reporting results to clients.
- Discussing with the customer the type and length of contract (fixed or flexible) that best suits.
- Review and negotiate suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Administering the contracts: setting budgets, check suppliers’ prices, supporting bill checking and reporting to clients on exposures, savings, cost variances, etc.
- Develop long-standing relationships with a number of large customers.
- Analysing the wholesale gas and electricity markets and developing risk management strategies.
- Obtain credit information, resolve credit concerns and minimise security deposit requests.
- Ensuring all queries are handled and resolved effectively.
- Keeping abreast of industry developments.
- Build a pipeline of future sales opportunities of customer contract renewal dates.
- Production of sales quotes.
- Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent.
- 2+ Years experience of electricity or gas contract negotiation essential and wholesale energy trading desirable.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Excellent influencing, persuading and negotiation skills.
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience in negotiating and evaluating contracts both fixed and flexible.
- Experience of managing multiple accounts and a wide range of queries by telephone and email.
- Proven experience of successfully creating and developing relationships.
- Up selling products or services.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to understand company credit checks and company accounts.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel and competency on Word and Outlook.
- The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets;
- Must be familiar with the expectations and pressures of a sales environment, and relish the opportunity to overcome challenges, and achieve targets.
- Competitive basic salary.
- Uncapped commission scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Dental Cover.
- Optical Cover.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday, increasing by one day to 25 days based on 5 years’ service + Bank Holidays
- We strongly believe that hard work should be rewarded, and for that reason they implement an attractive bonus structure for individuals that outperform their targets.