Strategic Relationship Manager
Strategic Relationship Manager – Home Based
- Salary: £40k – £45k DOE
- Uncapped Commission
- OTE £65k
- Car Allownace
- Location: Home Based
- Business Hours – Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm
Are you a tenacious Relationship Manager with the “gravitas” to present to and work with board level contacts and able to take responsibility for negotiating and closing complicated flexible contracts?
You would be managing a portfolio of circa 20 clients spending £2m+ each on energy, and if you have worked for an Energy Supplier, Consultancy or Broker in a similar role, we want to hear from you.
The role will be home based with the ideal location being in the Midlands.
We offer a range of services including Energy Procurement, Energy Management. Renewables, Legislation, Carbon Reduction and Water for large B2B.
We are looking for motivated, driven and ambitious Energy Consultants to focus their attention on expanding our portfolio of clients in the I & C Energy Markets. .
Our Consultants are encouraged to see the role as if it was their own business, and innovative ways to capture and retain business are welcomed. You will have access to the largest supplier panel in the UK, and a bespoke CRM system that will create an easy workflow and make your day-to-day activities a breeze.
Through telephonic client interaction and face-to-face client interaction, you will be responsible for building and managing your own prospect pipeline, building the relationships, and developing the sales value of clients.
Apart from self-generating new business, we will also provide extremely high value marketing appointments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the retention and development of assigned accounts, by attending meetings and maintaining regular contact with customers to ensure services are being delivered.
- Developing new business from existing customers by cross-selling and up-selling.
- Identify key changes necessary to improve customer experience and reduce cost and duplication of services.
- Self-generating new business and managing marketing leads.
- Attending client meetings.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer records and managing day-to-day administration.
- Prepare Tenders and compare quotes from suppliers reporting results to clients.
- Discussing with the customer the type and length of contract (fixed or flexible) that best suits.
- Review and negotiate suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Administering the contracts: setting budgets, check suppliers’ prices, supporting bill checking and reporting to clients on exposures, savings, cost variances, etc.
- Develop long-standing relationships with a number of large customers.
- Analysing the wholesale gas and electricity markets and developing risk management strategies.
- Obtain credit information, resolve credit concerns and minimise security deposit requests.
- Ensuring all queries are handled and resolved effectively.
- Keeping abreast of industry developments.
- Build a pipeline of future sales opportunities of customer contract renewal dates.
- Production of sales quotes.
- Minimum 3 years Relationship Management experience of industrial and commercial companies.
- Proven understanding of electricity and gas procurement mechanisms and of selling consultancy service solutions.
- Assertive, and reacts well under pressure
- Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Excellent influencing, persuading and negotiation skills.
- Analytical with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience in negotiating and evaluating contracts both fixed and flexible.
- Experience of managing multiple accounts and a wide range of queries by telephone and email.
- Proven experience of successfully creating and developing relationships.
- Up selling products or services.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to understand company credit checks and company accounts.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel and competency on Word and Outlook.
- The ability to be self-motivated and focused on continually achieving and exceeding targets;
- Must be familiar with the expectations and pressures of a sales environment, and relish the opportunity to overcome challenges, and achieve targets.
- Competitive basic salary.
- Uncapped commission scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Dental Cover.
- Optical Cover.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday, increasing by one day to 25 days based on 5 years’ service + Bank Holidays
- We strongly believe that hard work should be rewarded, and for that reason they implement an attractive bonus structure for individuals that outperform their targets.